Saturday, July 7, 2012

belated celebrations of love.

i think i've finally learned the art of spreading out all special occasions for more than a day... in fact our anniversary celebration lasted about a month!  'art' being the key word.  it's worthy to celebrate and as i received cards from both my grandparents i was reminded of those around me who are married {both of my grandparents having been married 50+ & 48 years} & who can't wait to celebrate with you because of the joy in knowing the likeness of hard work and working things out in a good relationship.  Lord help us... I hope we are married at least forty-five more years.

my favorite two pictures from our anniversary this year are from the two main celebrations...
this was the last day of our trip to mexico... i haven't seen a pic of us this relaxed since...

and this one at Ravinia celebrating with friends!

as i think back to that beautiful june day.... i remember the giddiness that matched the anticipation that had gained speed after a year (well really many more than that) of waiting... I also remember the fun of getting ready with my best girl friends, taking pictures, not being able to talk to my dad before he walked me down the aisle because i was about to cry and the moment of finally meeting my groom at the end of the aisle.  i remember taking so many pictures that my my cheeks ached from smiling and dancing the night away with nearly everyone at our wedding!  and i remember leaving the reception and starting our new life together as the Luke Macdonalds. (if you can't tell that i'm grinning, i am)  

i intently remember standing at the wedding on the stage of the sanctuary listening to two of our worship leaders sing a song we had chosen and thinking 'this is almost over... this all went so fast!'  the words of that song are so meaningful to me... i know we screw up like crazy and don't get it right a lot of days... but with God at the center He gives us strength & power & joy.    

here's the lyrics to Everything by Tim Hughes  

God in my living, there in my breathingGod in my waking, God in my sleepingGod in my resting, there in my workingGod in my thinking, God in my speaking
Be my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everything
God in my hoping, there in my dreamingGod in my watching, God in my waitingGod in my laughing, there in my weepingGod in my hurting, God in my healing
Be my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everything
Christ in me, Christ in meChrist in me, the hope of gloryYou are everything
Christ in me, Christ in meChrist in me, the hope of gloryBe my everything
Be my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everything
God in my hoping, there in my dreamingGod in my watching, God in my waitingGod in my laughing, there in my weepingGod in my hurting, God in my healing
Be my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everything
Be my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everythingBe my everything, be my everything
Christ in me, Christ in meChrist in me, the hope of gloryYou are everything
You are everything, You are everythingYou are everything, You are everythingJesus, everything, Jesus, everythingJesus, everything, Jesus everything

Copied from MetroLyrics.com 

That's the prayer for our marriage.  God as our everything,
kg {married five years happily}


No comments: