Wednesday, October 12, 2011

unconditional love

i am in a class called wife of noble character.
it's a bible study and the thing i love about it is that it's not just teaching me to be a better wife but more important than that... to be a better follower of Jesus Christ.

this week i was memorizing john 15:12 'this is my commandment, that you love one another, just as i have loved you.'

i have it stationed infront of the rpm's odometer on my dash (who needs to know their rpm's anway?) and it hit me.
I can love others.
i love my husband
i love my kids
i love my family....
i mean come on... i love them.

so many times though, i say i love so and so but....
and the Lord was so convicting me about the 'but....'
because in the second part of the verse he says, 'love as i have loved you'

if God said, "I love Kristen but....
-she's a sinner
-she's jealous of that person's house
-she's prideful about this
-she's not fully satisfied in me
-she's got idols in her life
-she's...
i mean the list could go on and on and on and.... you get the picture.

God's love doesn't include I love you but.... he just says... i love you.
i want to be more like that.
growing in desire to love better & thankful for the ultimate example of unconditional love,
kg

No comments: