Wednesday, March 30, 2011

first things first.


When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest,
I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased.
-C.S. lewis

when God is in first place in my life & luke's life just works better. i think this quote says it best. it's hung up on my vanity to make sure i don't forget that first things belong first.
love God then luke,
kg

1 comment:

Renee Cook said...

kg! as a newly wed (woohoo!)I didn't anticipate having to learn this lesson that you describe... how to love God first before my dearest husband. thanks for this quote! love you (right after God and Ben) ;) ;)