Thursday, November 11, 2010

closing thoughts on pregnancy: the good, the bad, & we won't discuss the ugly;)

so as i finish out my last days of pregnancy i was thinking about how the feeling of carrying a baby both feels amazing and can cause quite a bit of 'wear & tear' on your body. i think when i got baby fever after carter i was so envious of other women's bellies... but the next time that happens i'll want to get a reality check because let's face it... the 'glory days' of pregnancy are those months in the middle:)

so.... here's my thoughts... tell me if you agree.

1- i so appreciate stores, venues, public facilities that have an accessible bathroom.

2- i love the way that women who've had babies always have an instant connection. you can always talk to one another.

3- i love the fact that maternity clothes are getting cuter:)

4- i think that the snoogle is the best investment i've made this year. it's a body pillow in the shape of a c. lest you see the price tag and judge me... just be pregnant and you'll believe that the price per night of sleep is totally worth it.

5-i've learned that if you have to have your child watch a tv show in order for you to have a mid-day nap, there is no guilt to be had... they will most likely enjoy them self and you will be better for them for the rest of the day.

6- the feeling of the baby kicking is unlike any other feeling you have. it's a reassuring feeling throughout the day.

7-you become 'ocd' about certain things. some of these things can drive others crazy so you need to be careful but some of them bring blessing to others. for instance, i have been 'ocd' about the cleanliness of my car. now, with a toddler and a 4 1/2 (two days a week) in my car this can be quite a challenge... but the cleanliness has been amazing. maybe ill keep it up post pardom. maybe not;)

8- the energy to clean your house is unprecedented. my fan blades and couch cushions have never loved me more... they feel cleaner than ever before;)

9- let's face it, you don't have to think about sucking in. period, end of story.

10- you get to look forward to experiencing the best miracle in this world. i think all the things considered 'ugly' about pregnancy can be outweighed by this fact.

Love this passage...psalm 139:13-16

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."

kissing pregnancy goodbye soon:)
kg

No comments: