Sunday, August 8, 2010

unshakable kingdom.

this week there are many blog posts coming. holy cow. right now i'm still digesting all that's happened in the last week; we were at camp harvest. for now, i'm posting a blog i wrote out before camp began... it'd been on my heart for a while.

Hebrews has been my food lately. It's food that's convicting, inspiring, and helps me realize the God I'm living for [or attempting to] is totally worth it.

There's one particular passage I can't shake... it is literally on my mind everyday...multiple times. Why?

- it gives me reason to wake up every morning
- it gives hope to my effort of raising two boys
- it's the reason why God has given us His Word & we are supposed to live it out.

Hebrews 12:28-29 says, "Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, & thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire."

to me it's wearying to think that my boy's lives will be shaken up on a daily basis in this world. I've known that for a long time but to know that I can teach them to trust in the one and only unshakable kingdom gives me absolute joy. There is TRUE HOPE in a world mostly full of darkness. It's not because we deserve it either, but simply because God loved us so much he sent his son to die for us and he rose on the third day- that sacrifice means we have hope.

WOW.

The days that seem long & frustrating [I've had a few of those lately] are minor if we keep our eyes on the prize - Jesus- the founder and perfecter of our faith and the founder of the unshakable kingdom we can live for ---

are you choosing it? I am. Please join me.

Hoping in the unshakable kingdom.
kg:)

No comments: