Saturday, July 24, 2010

be anxious for nothing...

to say the least i was excited about the rain last night because it's been so hot. i'm not complaining about the heat... i'm just sayin'

but at 3:14 in the morning, i woke up to a freaking lighting and thunder show. i told luke we should get up at watch it because clearly God was putting on quite a show for us, he nicely declined - 'i'm really tired.'

but at 3:14 what i was thinking about was the mature trees. one of the reasons we live in this house is 'mature trees.' you're probably thinking we're ludicrous. and yes, in the fall i would completely agree with you: raking leaves is a full time job. but, my husband loves, i mean loves mature trees. i commence.

i was thinking about my sweet son in his own bedroom about twenty feet from ours where there is a chance that two very 'mature trees' could fall on his side of the house and there would be nothing we could do. Is it alarming that I think this way, you be the judge... however who thinks clearly at 3:14 a.m.???

but, i write this blog for this reason: scripture that is hidden in your heart helps you when it is 3:14 to think clearly and know that the same God that is putting on the thunder and lightening show is protecting my family and hearing my prayers. The two verses that I've memorized that came to mind were:


2 Timothy 1:7 which says, "for God gave us a spirit not of fear..."

and

Philippians 4:6 which says, "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

i wouldn't say this if it wasn't true, but the next verse in Philippians was exactly what happened... "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

this year I have memorized a lot of scripture through the Entrusted class and I would exhort any person to do the same. Because theres no word any human could say that could bring as much comfort or truth into a situation as the Word of God.

I hope you slept soundly, as for me... I was up again in the 6 a.m. hour with my son... even when he was wearing pampers;)(read the last post if you don't understand) and God did answer my prayers... the trees are both still standing tall. praise be to Him.

standing on HIS Word,
kg:)

No comments: