Tuesday, February 2, 2010

True [ish] finished up.

The ten commandments series came to a conclusion on sunday. We went through the last five because they can be encompassed in the idea of selfishness.

{exodus 20: commandments:
v.13 you shall not murder
v. 14 you shall not commit adultery
v. 15 you shall not steal
v. 16 you shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
v. 17 you shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his make servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's. }

So much of what we do is a motivation of self: what can please me MOST at this moment, for this pleasure, to last this long, so that I can show this person, so that i can make this much money.... i could go on and on.

The one that hit me hard was covetousness. in an earlier post i wrote about this and when i have a covetous attitude I am simply saying that "God hasn't given me enough." that's why my attitude needs to change because that's a BOLD FACED lie. God has given me MORE THAN enough.

Ultimately, God is BIG, we need to get off of our selfish horse and get on to his plan of loving others before ourselves and have a healthy fear of who God is. After all, when God says don't he means don't hurt yourself.

kg:)

No comments: