Thursday, February 16, 2012

sunday's commentary:)

a few days late, but a great sermon.

on Sunday, luke preached about waiting. i've done some waiting in the past 25 years and i think it's fair to say that it's a part of everyone's life.

The long and short of the points are over here on his blog ...

but my favorite part of the sermon was at the end when he said there's two ways to handle waiting... good and bad.

bad: squirm out of it, try to cut the corners so the waiting will be over.

or

good: waiting through it and learning the lessons as they come learning better how to trust the Lord.

Psalm 25 says it best:
To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
2 O my God, in you I trust;
let me not be put to shame;
let not my enemies exult over me.
3 Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame;
4 Make me to know your ways, O LORD;
teach me your paths.
5 Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.

i don't know about you, if you're in a season of waiting or coming out of one; but i do know that the lessons i've learned during times of waiting i always remember. they are ingrained in my heart. they might not have been easy to learn and most times i was darned if i thought it was the time to learn them, but God knew better every time.

i want to wait well.
blessings,
kristen:)

No comments: