Wednesday, August 31, 2011

a 'snipet'

i have been reading hudson taylor's spiritual secret...

and this paragraph really hit me.

it refers to john 7:37 when Jesus stood up and cried out...

"If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink."

it says..

{What, can Jesus meet my need? Yes, and more than meet it. No matter how intricate my path, how difficult my service; no matter how sad my bereavement, how far away my loved ones; no matter how helpless I am, how deep are my soul-yearnings- Jesus can meet all, all, and more than meet. He not only promises me rest-ah, how welcome that would be, were it all, and what an all that one word embraces! He not only promises me drink to alleviate my thirst. No, better than that! 'He who trust Me in this matter (who believeth on Me, takes Me at My word) out of him shall flow...'} (pg. 174-175)

i can drink & never be thirsty again.
what a promise.
resting in this today,
kg:)

No comments: