Sunday, June 19, 2011

The royals book☺

I was one of those people who woke up on april 29th at 4 a.m. with my dvr set since 3 a.m. to get the coverage of the royal wedding. It was my birthday and it in fact felt like the whole world was counting down. If you know anything about me, you know that was a great feeling.;)

On November 16th, I laid in the hospital bed getting induced with my 2nd born and that was the day the engagement was announced so at that point (having laid in bed for about 2 days straight) I felt like I knew everything there was to know about William and kate. But, after reading my latest book:

William & Kate: a royal love story I feel like I know it all…

So I thought I’d give you a top 5 list of things I learned about the royals.

5. their lives are scandalous. I don’t say that to be judgmental…. That is the best adjective I can use to describe them. And I wouldn’t have thought that before.

4. Princess Diana’s life was so sad. At the end of the book it talks about how she never felt loved, gosh if I had gone through some of the pain that she had I don’t know that I could have blamed her, especially in the public’s eye…. But wow, I think her life seemed a lot more ‘glamorous’ than it really was.

3. the amount that the the England taxpayers pay for protection and a bit of extravagance is crazy.

2. kate was so patient. They did live together before they were married and William had such a dysfunctional marriage displayed in front of him that I can see his hesitation. However, I don’t think anyone would disagree with the fact that she was so so so patient. That will come in handy as a wife.;)

1. the paparazzi situation on both of them I would never wish on anyone… not my worst enemy. I feel bad for them and am glad they do have places that they can get away to in order to be like ‘normal people.’

So all of this to say I would recommend this book. I liked it & thought it was interesting… although I would definitely read a book if it was from kate’s perspective…. I guess I can hope it’s coming.

Read up on the royals,
Kg☺

No comments: