Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Don't you love when you have a plan & it gets changed?!

i'm a planner of sorts. i like to think i'm spontaneous and if there are too many days that are planned in a row i go stir crazy. hmm.. bit of a paradox i know, but it's the truth. well, last week or the week before (can't remember which) i had written out a plan of the blogs i'd do that week. but, my plan has totally failed. we have since moved my computer to my closet (i actually really like it there!) & the internet is NOT working. so, i'm waiting for the day when it magically works or for the day that i think of a plan to fix it. until then i really can't post pictures.

imagine for a second the ability not to disclose funny stories and pictures because of lack of internet, quite a tragedy, i know. ok, now i'm just rambling.

but, really. the thing that's been on my heart lately are some verses I've read while reading through Isaiah. with the ministry year the same as the school year (or just about) the launching of new ministries is exciting and takes a lot of precious time and energy. the weird part for high school ministry is that although the school year is pretty full the summer is jam packed. get it: high schoolers have so much time in the summer... we must use it well! all this to say... since camp I've tried to keep scripture at the forefront of my mind. it has truly blessed me and has allowed me to keep the big picture in the midst of small tragedies such as no internet on my computer.

here i find myself, yet again in Isaiah 26:3-4. It says, "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock."

so until this internet situation gets figured out, i'll post when i can and pictures will come as they may;) hope you're in the Word today, what are you reading?
kg:)

No comments: