Monday, April 12, 2010

happy series. part one.

who doesn't want to be happy? let's face it, we all look to temporal things to make us happy...but where scripturally can we look to see to it that we live happily?

luke suggested last night that we look to Matthew 5 in the beatitudes. specifically verse 4.
"blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

have you ever played the game: would you rather? usually there are two enticing entities along with something bad and you have to choose for yourself the one you'd rather. something like this.... would you rather be tall, beautiful, and poor or short, chubby, and rich?

the same is true with this scripture, Luke suggested the Word reflects these thoughts. think about it for yourself & your pain.

To mourn is to correctly respond to the pain God allows in your life.

two ways to respond:
Effort or Trust [God] - Romans 8:28

Anger [bitterness toward God] or Hope [belief in God]

Stress or Comfort [peace God provides]

Jesus was the perfect example of all three of these things in the garden before the crucifixion.

I know that I can't change the things of the past and that I can't control the things that people do or say. But, God is in control and if I surrender my thoughts, my trust, and my hope in Him, he will supply the peace to help me through each situation. I'm thinking about how I am going to respond this week to the pain that comes in my life... will you?
kg:)

No comments: