Monday, March 1, 2010

faithfulness



i've been thinking a lot lately about God's faithfulness. it's one of his main characteristics and one of the coolest things about God is that he HAS TO BE true to himself... he can't not [i know a double negative] be true to himself. it's impossible.

So I was just thinking of some of the things that he's showed his faithfulness to us.
- He's never left us no matter our circumstances [good or bad]
- The Sun has risen every morning
- His mercies are new every morning
- He's protected us from things we don't even know.
- He's taught us new truths from his Word.
- He's always kept His promises.
- He keeps convicting us to draw us closer to himself.
- He loves us even still today.
- He has given us a child.
- He has provided financially for us.
- He has allowed me to stay home with my lil' man.

I was singing the other day in my kitchen this song [holiness] it resonates with this post: Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for, Faithfulness is what I need
Faithfulness, faithfulness is what You want from me

I love my husband more than I can put into words and I love and adore my son too. But, I can't even try to comprehend how much Christ loves me and his faithfulness to me. But I think it's time that more often during a prayer time I praise him for his faithfulness, his love, his holiness, his worthiness, his awesomeness, and on and on instead of praying that he'll help me with something or give me something. This is the God of the UNIVERSE. When I talk about my faithful God it helps me to put into perspective how small I really am and how BIG and sovereign and loving HE really is. Praise HIM and thank HIM for HIS faithfulness in your life.

No comments: