Wednesday, November 17, 2010

thankful day 17.

today i am so thankful for God's Word.



yesterday was truly amazing. i couldn't have asked for a better little man born into this world. God had the whole thing planned out perfectly... including the fact that an hour and a half before my scheduled induction my water broke... i had so desired to go into labor on my own. see what I mean? God is good.

but, there was a point yesterday that I was in so much pain and so frustrated. if you have ever been with me on the first day of a big event in my life you know that i have a tendency of fainting. lame, yes. but funny none the less. well, that was happening. my poor nurse was more concerned about me admiring the new suite rather than making sure i made it out of the bathroom without fainting....

but, i have to say, and i know i've said this before that when you hide God's Word in your heart you have it wherever you go. A few months ago I read through the book of Isaiah making sure that I wanted that to be his middle name. there has been a verse that I come back to over and over:

Isaiah 26:3&4, "you keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."

that He did. knowing His Word & His promises is a powerful thing. it literally sustained me when no or encouragement could.

thankful for the Word,
kg:)

1 comment:

Renee Cook said...

reading through Isaiah right now. what a great middle name for Reid :)